Re: [debian-knoppix] RE: XP wont boot after Knoppix HD install

QtParted works quite well.  That has become my
favorite use for a Knoppix CD (but not my only use
:-)

When our IT department re-images a drive, they use a
disk image, rather than a partition image, and it
leaves me with only a single Windows XP NTFS
partition.

I have had great success using QtParted from the
Knoppix CD, to resize this partition so that I can put
Linux back on (Knoppix, Gentoo, Mandrake, etc).

QtParted is not nearly as good as PartitionMagic, but
it's free and it's "good enough" for my needs, most of
the time.

Good luck with it
(and don't blame me if it toasts your drive... I only
said that it has worked well for me, I can't say it'll
work for you...  -- best to back up anything critical
first... just in case)

:-)
--Nathan