Re: [debian-knoppix] Which UnionFS?

If you want a direct answer from Klaus himself, you might want to take a look
on: http://knopper.net/kontakt/index-en.php3

Even for sending only one line per e-mail, 4500 messages isn't a small task
(4500 lines / 50 lines a page, 90 pages filled with text, there are books with
less pages. In anyway, you're lucky you got an answer :)

What we can do here is discuss different unionFS and overlayFS. Personally, I
have a fair amount of experience using translucency [1], but ovlfs [2] seems to
be another interesting option (currently used in Slax). Either way, use of the
filesystem remains the same (both kernel modules would only differ in how they
are initialised). I'm not aware of a working unionFS patch from Al Viro,
although I do know he has been working on it for some time. Translucency is
coming to a point where it can be used in the same manner, although all
implementations are fairly primitive afaik. I havn't tried ovlfs personally.

Cheers, looking forward to a useful discussion :)

Alex

[1] http://translucency.sourceforge.net
[2] http://ovlfs.sourceforge.net

| Alex de Landgraaf            | The cure for boredom is curiosity |
| Student AI & CS, VU, A'dam   |  There is no cure for curiosity   |
| Phone: 06-16844084           |                                   |
| GPG: http://am.xs4all.nl/key_alex.asc         /'-'\              |
| www.alextreme.org & www.morphix.org          ( o o )             |