Re: [debian-knoppix] Suggestions for knoppix

> On Sat, 2004-01-03 at 20:09, Robert Storey wrote:

> > 4) I have another issue with the Knoppix installers. The most important
> > feature still lacking is the ability to install the distro across
> > multiple partitions.  It should be possible to create separate
> > partitions for /, /boot, /home, /tmp, /usr, /var, /opt and swap. This
> > has important security implications if you are running a server.

I would not use knoppix to install a server.

knx-hdinstall uses cfdisk and it wasn't hard to make it a multiple
partition install.  Use tar, edit fstab, and run lilo.

My current desktop was installed with knoppix and it has 7 partitions.

Chuck

                    Griffith Observatory Star Award
for excellence in promoting astronomy to the public through the World Wide Web.
StarrySkies Network                             The Starry Messenger
http://StarrySkies.com                        http://StarryMessenger.Net
publishing science                              the weekly newsletter of
articles since 1995.                            the StarrySkies Network