Re: [debian-knoppix] Suggestions for knoppix

 There are several knoppix like distro now, very specialized in some
 sector and I think knoppix must stay general as it is.

 But it's so easy to install also on HD that for a lot of newbe it is
 becoming a gateway to debian world.

 If do you agree and pursuit this rule why don't modify the install
 script to permit two installation level:

 1) the existing one

 2) a minimal installation level with just the basic debian packages
 and free as is possible from knoppix packages that don't permit
 upgrade without knowing of apt tricks (the newbe don't).
 In my debian ML reading I've seen a lot of need of this entry gateway
 that also the new debian-installer doesn't.
 For a newbie this installation leave the way to upgrade with packages
 needed and without need of an adsl for dist-upgrade.
 For an expert user can be also useful for quick installation.

 Thancks for knoppix! I've got debian throught it!

 luca

luca marletta   Gpg KeyID:E502C3D6  www.behavior.it