Re: [debian-knoppix] re: mounting problems

--
Try changing to the /mnt directory, then ls, see what is listed.  Is the cdrom
listed? If so, then try mounting while still remaining in the mount

I have also had 2 cdrom drives die while using knoppix (I assumed because of
constant use, not knoppix fault), and while swapping in a third and still
getting a drive failure, I checked, and found the master/slave setting on the
wrong setting.  So I changed the setting, and the third drive now works.  I
just checked the second drive that died, and found that the master/slave
setting also was set wrong, so the drive may not be dead.

Does your cd rom drive show up in your bios?  It may help to check this.  The
lights on the cdrom can work during boot up, but the drive may still fail to
be recognized, although you should get a failure warning and possible pause
requiring you to push f1 or something similar to continue booting in this
case, so this may not be the problem.  Your boot up screen should give you
the key to press for accessing the bios (probably delete button, could be
something else).

Also, I have problems mounting my floppy drive using knoppix (OK with
mandrake, red hat, and suse), so you aren't alone.

Let us know how you got it working, it will help others in the future who
check the list.

Once again, great distro, and thanks to the developers.

Bing.