[debian-knoppix] Re: mounting problems

ls /dev/cdrom
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            9 2003-11-10 02:05 /dev/cdrom -> /dev/scd

ls /dev/cdrom1
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            9 2003-11-10 02:05 /dev/cdrom1 -> /dev/scd

 ls /dev/scd0
brw-rw----    1 root     cdrom     11,   0 2003-11-10 01:45 /dev/scd0

This all seems to me alright.

Mmh - except there's a confusion between scd and scd0, isn't there?

ide-scsi

I assed the ide-scsi myself because someone on a forum told so. But it didn't help either.

So I take it your system has no actual SCSI controller/devices, right? Then I am not sure loading that modules is enough to activate the emulation. With knoppix, this is generally accomplished through a kernel parameter (aka "cheatcode"). Check /etc/lilo.conf on your HD install, it should have a line append="..." somewhere, which must contain - amongst other things - "hda=scsi hdb=scsi hdc=scsi hdd=scsi". If it does not, you need to add it and then rerun lilo to install the boot-loader with those parameters.