Re: [debian-knoppix] how to save my work?

On Tuesday, 11 Nov 2003, David Rivet wrote:
David!
> I'm currently using knoppix to work on guest computers without changing
> anything on the guest pc's configuration. Those guest computers are often
> laptops that do not have any floppy! So, having knoppix lauched from the
> cdrom and having no floppy, it is impossible for me to save my work. Can
> somebody please tell me how to access the local hard drive to save my work
> please.
On winNT. win2000 or winXP systems it is _very_ dangerous to write on the
HD, therefore Knoppix by default allows only read and not write access on
NTFS-File systems. (Anyway, you can mount NTFS partitions with write
access as root, but you have been warned!)
On win98 ...  Systems you get write access by rigth clicking on the Hard-Disk
symbol in KDE.....
But with Knoppix you have access to all kinds of Flash- Memory and USB
Harddisks, to Webfolders, or you can send it by Email...

-didi