Re: [debian-knoppix] Kernel 2.4.20

On Fri, Sep 26, 2003 at 07:56:55PM +0200, Achim Unger wrote:
> Hallo Katariya,
>
> > Hi All ,
> >        I am putting already compiled kernel for RTLinux into
>
> You must include the cloop device into the kernel, otherwise it will not work. No Kernel for another distro will work unless the distro is derived from knoppix.

No. At least I think that what you mean is wrong.

You have to compile cloop with the kernel includes that were used to
build the kernel you use. Then it works for any kernel.

USE_ZLIB_INFLATE=y must be set in your kernel.config prior to compilation
in in order for cloop to work.

The Kernel used in Knoppix is a normal 2.4.x from kernel.org,
plus XFS, DRI and a small patch for longer bootcommand lines.

Klaus Knopper                           Technical Solutions & Finances
knopper@linuxtag.org                          http://www.linuxtag.org/
Phone +49-(0)631-3109371                        Fax +49-(0)631-3109372
LinuxTag 2004 - Europes largest Linux Expo       Where .com meets .org