Fwd: Re: [debian-knoppix] Running the compressed iso from hd: does it have to be /KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX ?

hi!

that is not so complicated, but you'll need to modify miniroot.gz:

	mkdir /tmp/disk
	mkdir /tmp/mini
	mount <your-knoppix>/KNOPPIX/boot.img /tmp/disk -o loop
	cp /tmp/disk/miniroot.gz /tmp
	gunzip /tmp/miniroot.gz
	mount /tmp/miniroot /tmp/mini -o loop
	joe /tmp/mini/linuxrc

go to line 219, it should say something like:

	if test -d /cdrom/KNOPPIX

that's the KNOPPIX Directory. change the condition to whatever you like.

repack miniroot.gz:

	umount /tmp/mini
	gzip /tmp/miniroot
	cp /tmp/miniroot.gz /tmp/disk
	umount /tmp/disk

you're done.

To tell lilo where kernel + initrd reside: copy vmlinuz + miniroot.gz from the
bootdisk, configure lilo to use these.

nik

--

Mag. Dr. Nikolaus Klepp
IT Consulting, EDV Service & Programmierung