Re: [debian-knoppix] Partitions not seen by Knoppix

Hi,

I've seen a couple of times where Knoppix didn't automatically see all
partitions, but these were related to other problems - in one case having
the drive jumpered wrong and in another forgetting to reboot between using
cfdisk and formatting the partitions. (Come to think of it, the Knoppix hard
drive install doesn't insist on a reboot there ... but I've seen several
systems get confused without it, and Reiser strongly advises it.)

One check that can be revealing is to see whether both fdisk and cfdisk are
happy with the current partition table. If one of them isn't, that doesn't
necessarily prove anything, since there are differences (which are beyond
me) in what they consider proper (so you can't necessarily use them
interchangeably). But if both of them consider your partitions kosher, and
you didn't do something like I did when I ran a current WD drive jumpered as
master without a slave, and Knoppix still misses partitions....

That it's getting the wrong type for the first partition from your table
does suggest there's some mismatch between that table's format and what
Knoppix expects.

Whit