Re: [debian-knoppix] Software recommendations for LinuxTag DVD edition?

On Sun, Jun 08, 2003 at 07:34:06PM +0200, Klaus Knopper wrote:
> > - tuxracer
> >   Surprisingly addictive
> Already have this. Strange package name, I thought the GPL version
> was called "openracer"?

The "tuxracer" package is definitely about racing Tux, and is, according
to Debian, licenced under the GNU GPL.  Perhaps only an older version is
released under the GNU GPL.  The "openracer" package sounds familiar but
I don't know what it is.

> Then it is probably not goot for the DVD. German buerocracy requires
> to request a "Altersfreigabe" for games, and it would be a pity if the
> DVD could only be given to people showing their passport to prove they
> are over 18.

<looks somewhat shocked>  Government-issued identification is required
to receive a DVD?!

> > - openbox
> Another WM? Ok, if you have to. ;-)

I don't, really :-).  I'm sticking with Window Maker.

> > - recover
> Ok. What about debugfs?

Fine with me.

> Ok. 200MB so far.

Do you want more packages?

What about installing everything from Base, Important, Standard?  And
then all the games in Optional...

I can probably come up with another big list of packages I have enjoyed.

> Ok, but Caution: It must be put under an OpenMusic license
> (http://openmusic.linuxtag.org/)

Not even some other form of free licence?  What about the EFF Open Audio
Licence?

http://academus.factcomp.com/library/music/Pajama_Crisis/Blockdropper_2.0.ogg
http://academus.factcomp.com/library/music/Pajama_Crisis/Blockdropper_2.0.ogg.card
(Uhm, I am not completely sure the arrangement and composition are
public domain... I think it's a traditional Russian song but I'm not
sure.)

Mutopia sheet music perhaps?  It's public domain or licenced under the
Mutopia BSD licence.

What about books?
http://academus.factcomp.com/library/literature/Dickens,_Charles/A_Christmas_Carol.html.gz
http://academus.factcomp.com/library/literature/Lewis_Carroll/Alice's_Adventures_in_Wonderland.txt.gz

--
Tom Goulet				mail: uid0@em.ca
UID0 Unix Consulting			web:  em.ca/uid0/