Re: [debian-knoppix] Re: Suggestion for a cleaner windows autorun

baldyeti wrote:
Is it possible to produce windows executables that easy under linux?
Will they run on any windows system? (I could use that functionality
for my knoppx-customize).

yes, its easy :-) see below.

[mingw]
I think the difficulty is setting this up yourself,
starting from sources, but once that's done (or if the
above binary works), it's definitely more than a toy.
If I recall correctly, the nightly mingw builds of the
ruby interpreter are produced this way, for example.

remember that you use debian (knoppix)! it can't be easier:

"apt-get install mingw32"

then use: "i586-mingw32msvc-gcc" as the compiler.

as the compiler name sugests it produces pentium compatibe code
for win32 systems, that is it should run on Win9x and NT/2k/XP

chris