Re: [debian-knoppix] Suggestion for a cleaner windows autorun

Hi,

On Wed, Apr 23, 2003 at 08:23:25PM +0200, baldyeti wrote:
[ ... ]
> It only takes a tiny C program to wrap the ShellExecute
> Win32 API, which launches the supplied filename using
> whichever program is registered for the document type.
> In this case, the default browser on the system, IE for
> most users. You need to compile this for the windows
> subsystem so as to get rid of the console. This can be
> done with visual C, or using mingw:

Windows has now built-in mechanism for this? I'm afraid the approach
with an EXE will not help, as no user would allow the system to
execute just any binary.

> gcc -Os -mwindows launch.c -o launch -s

Is it possible to produce windows executables that easy under linux?
Will they run on any windows system? (I could use that functionality
for my knoppx-customize).

Kester.
--
Kester Habermann <kester@linuxtag.org>               LinuxTag 2003