Re: [debian-knoppix] Re: roadmap, packages available via apt

On Mon, Mar 24, 2003 at 10:24:04AM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > also, i've created an apt repository that you can add to your sources.list
> > for knoppix-specific stuff.  currently it has everything that built
> > without trouble for an unpriviledged user using fakeroot.  i know at
> > least one package ftbfs, i'll look into it later.
> Does this mean all other packages do have build problems?

packages not in there didn't build with a "dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot"
as an unpriviledged user.  i don't have pbuilder up and working yet
(need to make some more space for it...), so it could also mean that
i don't have the build-depends for the package installed, or that the
build-depends line is incorrect.

> While looking over the packages I tagged with RFP I found out that:
>
> 1. k3b is just packaged in the latest version:
>     So it can be removed from our todo list.

excellent, i'll remove it. another one down :).  i think i'll start a
changelog too, so we can keep track of what we add/remove/change.

> 2. Regarding to loop-aes there is just a RFP filed:
>
>       http://bugs.debian.org/111167
>
>    Somebody wants to grab this package?

if no one jumps on it in a couple days, i'll take it, since i need to
learn how to package a kernel-module before the end of the semester anyways.

> 3. I just filed an RFP bug for sitar.  It will be visible soon in the BTS.

cool, thanks.

> 4. What about checkmem.  Is it worth an extra Debian package or should it
>    be included as small and useful tool into one of the knopix-* packages.

i really think it ought to go with something else.  i think the control
file alone would be bigger than the script...

> 5. Is e1000 really necessary.  When I compiled a recent kernel I think I
>    have seen e1000 support.  Could somebody please comment on this if we
>    really need this?

i know the stock e100 support that comes in the kernel has issues that
are resolved with the non free module package... maybe this is the same?

> What about the cloop issue?  What's the difference to cloop-{module,utils} from
> unstable.

klaus? :)

> You might perhaps add a list of packages which showed problems.

okay.  i'll pretty up my build script and add a link to regularly
updated output.

anyway, thanks for all the input, i'll report back in sometime in
the near future.

	sean