Re: [debian-knoppix] Re: Analyzing Knoppix extra stuff (Was: knoppix/bootcd like software?)

On Mon, Mar 17, 2003 at 02:31:32PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Well, if some patched versions of packages are really needed we have to face
> this situation right.  In my opinion this means:
>   2. Document it right:
>          /usr/share/doc/<package>-knoppix/README.Knoppix
>      (or whatever name) should contain the differences and why they are needed
>   3. Package it right: The file debian/control should contain:
>
>         Provides: package
>         Replaces: package
>         Conflicts: package

agreed, this is exactly how we should approach it, and consistancy is key.
so that just leaves figuring out whether or not things can be done without
the patched versions in the first place.

anyway, wrt the other packages you mentioned, perhaps it's time we draft
a roadmap for our grand scheme of things.  i'll start on something as
an initial draft and get back to the list shortly.

	sean