Re: [debian-knoppix] crontab problem

Sorry, I was not quite clear in making a difference between the LAP system I
mentioned and the Knoppix system I'm running.

Michael Bramer wrote:
On Thu, Jan 30, 2003 at 11:04:01AM +0100, Michael Zacherl wrote:

but isn't this normal of the debian package?

Most recently I installed a Woody based LAMP system and now had a brief look:

dpkg:
ii  vim            6.1.018-1      Vi IMproved - enhanced vi editor

/etc/vim/vimrc:
set nocompatible        " Use Vim defaults instead of 100% vi compatibility

this 6.1 vim runs on the LAMP and there's no problem with the editing of crontab.

Obviously "yes" ... now I've to admit that I don't understand the mechanism
behind that and what "really" causes the crontab-effect on Knoppix, since
I was runnig into the same crontab-e-not-stored problem and could solve it
in the way like suggested earlier on the list.

I have also this "set nocompatible" in my vimrc and I don't have any
problmes with cron. (I check this one minutes ago)

ii  cron           3.0pl1-72      management of regular background processing
ii  vim            6.0.093-2      Vi IMproved - enhanced vi editor

maybe a 6.1 problem?

I don't think so since it works without change on this plain Woody system I have here.
(And I'm pretty sure someone allready would have been complaining if crontab would not
work after baseinstall and putting vim on it.

I've to dig into this by times.

:-)
Michael.