Re: [debian-knoppix] crontab problem

On Thu, Jan 30, 2003 at 11:04:01AM +0100, Michael Zacherl wrote:
> >but isn't this normal of the debian package?
>
> Most recently I installed a Woody based LAMP system and now had a brief
> look:
>
> dpkg:
> ii  vim            6.1.018-1      Vi IMproved - enhanced vi editor
>
> /etc/vim/vimrc:
> set nocompatible        " Use Vim defaults instead of 100% vi compatibility
>
> Obviously "yes" ... now I've to admit that I don't understand the mechanism
> behind that and what "really" causes the crontab-effect on Knoppix, since
> I was runnig into the same crontab-e-not-stored problem and could solve it
> in the way like suggested earlier on the list.

I have also this "set nocompatible" in my vimrc and I don't have any
problmes with cron. (I check this one minutes ago)

ii  cron           3.0pl1-72      management of regular background processing
ii  vim            6.0.093-2      Vi IMproved - enhanced vi editor

maybe a 6.1 problem?

Gruss
Grisu
--
Michael Bramer  -  a Debian Linux Developer      http://www.debsupport.de
The UNIX Guru's View of Sex: gawk; talk; nice; date; wine; grep;\