Re: vim and "compatible" (was: [debian-knoppix] crontab problem)

Sven Guckes wrote:
> servas.

a seas.

> * Michael Zacherl <mzknpx@bacher.at> [2003-01-30 10:05]:
>
>>/etc/vim/vimrc:
>>set nocompatible        " Use Vim defaults instead of 100% vi compatibility
>>
>>Obviously "yes" ... now I've to admit that I
>>don't understand the mechanism behind that..
>

> ->  ":help 'cp'"  und ":help compatible-default"

ok, thx.

>>and what "really" causes the crontab-effect on Knoppix..
>

> editing on a symlink

of course this too was my first thought and I removed the link and
replaced it with the real file, set permissions etc.
There was no improvement at all ...
Only after copying and changing vimrc from nocompatible to compatible
it worked.