Re: [debian-knoppix] Knoppix as Debian installer (was: Why so much swap with knx-install?)

On January 27, 2003 03:54 pm, you wrote:
> Hi Gilles,
>
> Sorry, I can't respond with a mail as lengthy as yours. English is not my
> native language, so it takes some time to write a longer text.

I understand.

> On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 01:32:31 -0500, Gilles Pelletier wrote:
> > I certain am amongst those people. My only point is that the few lines of
> > instructions to use knx-hdinstall should be on Christian's site and that
> > you make a link to Christian's site so that people do not use outdated
> > instructions all over the net.
>
> Some day, if I have too much time on my hands, I will write there
> instructions. But, as you say, don't hold your breath.

As soon as I get the next Knoppix version, I don't mind sending you the few
lines that are needed.

> > desktop after using knx-hdinstall. I suppose you use Supermount with
> > Knoppix and it's not deemed safe enough for using on the HD?
>
> No, Knoppix uses automount. Supermount has proven unreliable with devfs
> in Mandrake. I wonder why they still use it.

So, why doesn't automount work after hdinstall? Or, does it work now?

> > One thing is sure, I came to Knoppix because of knx-hdinstall and, while
> > not too many things in life are to my liking, knx-hdinstall in its
> > present state is. With a nice mtab file, it's enough to make me suggest
> > the readers of the
>
> Thank you!

Don't thank me, I always say things the way I think they are. At home, when my
mother wanted to know if the soup was really good, she'd ask me because she
knew if it wasn't I wouldn't make some kind of silly compliment and tell her
the straight facts. Fortunately for her, the soup was usually pretty good :)
And your script is.

Gilles Pelletier
--
La Masse critique