Re: [debian-knoppix] A few considerations about printing

On January 27, 2003 03:05 pm, Christian Perle wrote:

Hi Chris,

> On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 13:54:34 -0500, Gilles Pelletier wrote:
> > I little detail I forgot. After I saved the configuration of my printer
> > to the floppy and rebooted, at the end of the boot process, I got the
> > following message:
> >
> > Can't locate module char-major-188
>
> ls -l /dev | grep "188,"

No output.

> shows that char major 188 is the USB serial device. Is your modem
> connected via USB?

No, it's an old ISA USR 33.6 modem .  (Please don't laugh :) But the board, a
Gigabyte GA-6VXC7-4X, is all USB and PCI except for this one slot for the
modem.

So CUPS modprobe is trying to find the modem for the "send to fax" option, I
suppose. It would be kinda neet if I could use the fax. I know a few persons
who aren't on the net yet.

Has it become that easy to use the fax? I thought you had to configure
Hylafax.

Salut!

Gilles
--