[debian-knoppix] Re: hwdata-knoppix

Hello Mr. Henrion,

On Sun, Jan 19, 2003 at 12:15:18AM +0100, Henrion Benjamin wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to integrate the autodetection feature of Knoppix for
> setting up Xterms with plume.sf.net.
>
> My questions are:
>
> * which version of hwdata has been used to build hwdata-knoppix?

Just check the package list of your individual Knoppix CD
with dpkg -l to find out the version numbers, or see the current
packages.txt listing on any Knoppix mirror.

> * are the modifications added to to the original hwdata package
> submitted back upstream?

No, as far as I know. But you can get the source as always from
http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/sources/

> * If the modifs has been integrated, which version match what?
> * Is it possible to update the upstream hwdata package?

I don't know. You may want to ask the maintainer of the hwdata Debian
package.

> * Where do the information of hwdata-knoppix (that are not included in
> hwdata) come from?

Thousands of emails.

Klaus Knopper                           Technical Solutions & Finances
knopper@linuxtag.org                          http://www.linuxtag.org/
Phone +49-(0)631-3109371                        Fax +49-(0)631-3109372
LinuxTag 2003 - Europes largest Linux Expo       Where .com meets .org