Re: [debian-knoppix] syslinux bug??? Strange options in /proc/cmdline

On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 09:17:53AM +0100, Valentijn Sessink wrote:

> > APPEND lang=foo ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init apm=power-off
> > hda=scsi hdb=scsi hdc=scsi hdd=scsi hde=scsi hdf=scsi hdg=scsi hdh=scsi
> > vga=normal initrd=miniroot.gz BOOT_IMAGE=foo
> >
> > if you`re using your own CD, you can remove the lines =scsi
>
> Why should I want to remove those lines? Would that help a problem where the
> kernel command line is overwritten with #########'s that result from the
> last entry in syslinux.cfg? (I don't think so)

Documentation of syslinux say:

"In the configuration file blank lines and comment lines beginning
with a hash mark (#) are ignored."

Knoppix using a unmodified syslinux from debian, docu tell me
there are 2 possible ways.

a.) append line is to long.
b.) syslinux.conf is missconfigured.

it helps, if you attach your syslinux.conf

> > > Patch the kernel? I did not compile it in the first place - I use the
> > > regular Knoppix kernel.
> > just a idea, if i saw there`s a kernelpatch for longer append lines.
>
> I don't need longer append lines.
>
> > > I modified the ####'s at the end of syslinux.cfg to start with "foo" and
> > those # are comments, as i said better to keep it untouched, use
>
> No, the ### at the end are place holders for a customized configuration. Did

Where i can find this doc,diff ?

> you really look at syslinux.cfg at the Knoppix CD? Which version of Knoppix
> did you look at? From what I read, you seem to look at an older version that

I co the boot.img from Oct. 2002, compared it with syslinux.orig.tar.gz from
debian, rewrite syslinux.conf to support other keymaps, fonts, language
and wm as my own defaults. Everything works fine. Testsys runns syslinux 1.76
from debian, based on a clean and free woody. Newer Packages ex. from unstable
are backported to woody.

> at the end.

Cheers
amu