Re: [debian-knoppix] Re: [CLUE-Tech] make mz knoppix speak english

Hi Dave,

On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 03:41:00 -0700, Dave Price wrote:

> I installed the 8/2002 cd onto a hard disk using the knoppix-install
> script.

The knx-hdinstall version on 8/2002 Knoppix CD is too old, that version
has no support for english language and english keymap. But you don't have
to reinstall everything with a newer knx-hdinstall just to fix the keymap.

> console first, and the system is loading a german keymap at boot - so my
> consoles have a germn layout - very hard to use.
> Any hints where to look for a way to remove this behavior?

Edit the file /etc/init.d/keymap.sh and change the line

loadkeys /usr/share/keymaps/i386/qwertz/de-latin1-nodeadkeys.kmap.gz

loadkeys /usr/share/keymaps/i386/qwerty/us.kmap.gz

That's it.

bye,
  Chris
--