Re: [debian-knoppix] More control while shutting down KNOPPIX

Am Dienstag, 5. November 2002 11:40 schrieb Marc Haber:
> On Mon, Nov 04, 2002 at 02:21:45AM +0100, Klaus Knopper wrote:
> > On Sat, Nov 02, 2002 at 11:51:16AM +0100, Marc Haber wrote:
> > > /etc/init.d/knoppix-reboot looks like it has been written to support
> > > this. It looks like if I set the NOEJECT to a nonempty value, the CD
> > > is not ejected. But I didn't find code that asks for <ENTER> to be
> > > pressed before reboot. This is probably in the patched /sbin/init from
> > > the knoppix distribution.
> >
> > Boot with the "noeject" option. This is documented in the
> > knoppix-cheatcodes.txt.
>
> Is there a possibility to set this after booting? People booting the
> systems are usually non-knowledgeable and I would prefer if the only
> needed to drop in the CD.

How about changing the boot.img in the KNOPPIX-ISO-Image, it should be a
breeze to add noeject to syslinux.cfg in the file boot.img ...

Hint: man syslinux ...

You could then give those people the modified image and all would work well
:-))

cu

Fabian