Re: [debian-knoppix] Pre-3.1 version of KNOPPIX available for testing

Hi Klaus,

On Tue, Jul 02, 2002 at 00:49:05 +0200, Klaus Knopper wrote:

[Knoppix Pre-3.1]
> Bugreports are welcome. Hopefully OpenOffice 1.01 with a bug fixed that
> affected the wizards when running from a readonly filesystem, will be released
> this week, too, for inclusion.

I have downloaded the iso image and tested it on three machines, including
the awful Toshiba Tecra 8000 notebook :-)
Works like a charm.

The only bug I found is that the boot option "desktop=..." is ignored.
The X session always starts KDE3.

Further, I found a strange bug in XFree 4.2.0 on Knoppix 3.0. If
running on a machine with ATI 3D Rage XL AGP (chipset Mach64 GM rev
101), the upper screen area is distorted (dragged to the left). I
replaced ati_drv.o and atimisc_drv.o with the newer ones from Knoppix
3.1 (still XFree 4.2.0 but different file sizes) and it works without
distortion.

still believing you can fork() yourself, Klaus :)
  Chris
--
Christian Perle                                   perle@itm.tu-clausthal.de
Grunaer Str. 31                      http://www.itm.tu-clausthal.de/~perle/