[debian-knoppix] Knoppix Suggestions

I also have some suggestions for the Knoppix CD.

I primarily use the Knoppix CD from my notebook to perform various forms of security scanning and testing. Newer notebooks, like mine, do not ship with a floppy drive and when they do it's expected to swap out with the CDROM drive. This prevents me from easily saving configuration information or testing and scan results. I have considered purchasing a 64MB or 128MB USB storage device.

1. Will Knoppix CD support these USB storage devices? Can the "Save Configuration" program be updated to allow saving configuration to these devices?

While reading about the Knoppix boot process, I notice that Knoppix will use existing swap partitions if they exist. When performing forensic analysis on a system this behaviour is not desirable.

2. Is it possible to prevent Knoppix from mounting any local drives in write mode by default?

Regards,
Brian