Re: [debian-knoppix] Video Card Problems

Tom Edwards wrote:
Klaus, the CD that you handed me at CeBIT (when I put it into the CD
drive with Windows running) displays an english-language web page with a
link to the english hints.  We've been then starting it with lang=us
option (and a few others to get around the 3D video card problems).

A workaround would be booting with floppy and CD. On the floppy change the file a:syslinux.cfg (just first lines shown here):

DEFAULT vmlinuz
APPEND lang=us ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init noapic apm=power-off vga=791 initrd=miniroot.gz floppyconfig screen=1280x1024 depth=24 desktop=xfce quiet BOOT_IMAGE=knoppix
TIMEOUT 300

As you can see this boots xfce with 1280x1024 and other options, you can even put a knoppix.sh on the floppy and it is used because of floppyconfig! If you don't want that leave the old values!

If I don't have time this summer to set it to boot using the US keyboard
and lang=us, I may ask you for some help.  I would like to have a set of
CDs that I could put into the drives of the 20 computers in my lab and
just reboot.  Now I have to wait for each one to come to the splash
screen, press F3, usw...

I'll stay in touch.  Excellent product.  Keep up the good work.
Yes, it is absolutly great, it boots on (almost) ever PC I have tried! Thanks for your work Mr. Knoppix ;-)
Tom

Klaus Knopper wrote:

Hello Tom,