Re: Debian libata transition (bug in initramfs-tools?)

* Gordon Farquharson <gordonfarquharson@gmail.com> [2010-12-07 12:53]:
> That makes sense because I think that the installer is configured to
> run in low memory mode for this system (tbm would know for sure). The
> system has 128 MB of RAM.

It has nothing to do with RAM but with flash.  Some ARM machines have
too little flash to fit a ramdisk built with "most".  The solution was
to use "dep" on all ARM machines. (I don't actually like this solution
since not all ARM machines should use "dep"; this device is one
example).

> This situation seems like a corner case because the user base for this
> system is very small (I only use the one I had for testing Debian).
> Unless there are other systems that may be affected, I think that a

All other ARM machines we support use either USB or SATA and therefore
are not affected.
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/