Re: [RFC] Process for maintaining stable updates for drm for Lucid

On 08/29/2010 02:17 PM, Ben Hutchings wrote:
On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 10:04:16AM -0500, Steve Conklin wrote:
The Lucid kernel consists of the 2.6.32 kernel plus the DRM tree from
2.6.33. Now that GregKH has announced the end of stable updates for the
2.6.33 kernel, the Ubuntu kernel stable maintenance team has been
discussing the best way to continue to maintain a set of stable updates
for the 2.6.33 DRM.

I have prepared a wiki page based on our discussions, and would now like
to open discussion to the Ubuntu kernel team mailing list.

I'm interested in cooperating in this.

I have prepared a git branch with drm changes from 2.6.34.3 up to
2.6.34.6 as a basis for Debian kernel updates.  I can make that
public and post the patches for review if you want to consider
pulling that.

Ben.

Ben,

What are your thoughts on taking drm patches once the 2.6.34 stable tree
closes?

Brad
--
Brad Figg brad.figg@canonical.com http://www.canonical.com