Re: linux-headers-2.6.33-2-amd64 (2.6.33-1~experimental.3) uninstallable

On Sun, Apr 11 2010, maximilian attems wrote:

> On Sun, 11 Apr 2010, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>
>>  	The kernel team has made their level of commitment
>>  clear, as is proper. Indeed, I don't expect the kernel team to support
>>  either non-debian sources, nor _any_ third party modules, really.
>>  Which is why I directed the user to make-kpkg, which does, to an
>>  extent, supports both.
>
> which is wrong, you can easily build your oot black magic
> with linux-kbuild, who is in stable/testing/sid just not in exp.

        Sure. There is more than one way to do things. It just seems
 that there are lags between the kbuild packages and image packages, and
 of course  the kbuild does not support non-debian-source packages,
 right?

> and even there it is trivial and just a matter of svn co and debuild:
> svn co svn://svn.debian.org/kernel/dists/trunk/linux-kbuild-2.6
> debuild

        Seems like a viable approach, though only for things in the
 Debian kernel tree. It also boils down to personal taste; using
 make-kpkg works for other trees apart from just Debian's.

        Unless I am missing the fact that kbuild supports arbitrary
 kernel trees?

        manoj
--
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having sense enough to be
lazy. Charlie McCarthy