Re: linux-headers-2.6.33-2-amd64 (2.6.33-1~experimental.3) uninstallable

Hello

On Sat, 13 Mar 2010, M G Berberich wrote:

>> It is meant as: “packages and tools which are still being developed,
>> and are still in the alpha testing stage.“
>>
>> It surely shouldn't be a trash-heap for packages that cannot even be
>> installed, because someone forget to upload the dependies.
>
> linux-2.6 images can be installed on their own, this is the point
> of the linux-2.6 upload to experimental.
>
> why would you need kbuild of that version? aboves message has no
> usage claim at all.

A rather late reply to a mail I found in the archives... but regarding
the usage claim, I would like to mention that people who use e.g. the
nvidia binary driver do not have much fun with the experimental kernel
images without the corresponding linux-kbuild package.

Although one can find
http://wiki.debian.org/HowToRebuildAnOfficialDebianKernelPackage
after some googling, it would be nice if the package would be uploaded
as well.

bye,

-christian-