Re: firmware-linux package non-free?

On Mon, 2009-09-28 at 17:06 +0200, Jürgen Kertz wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Thank you all for explaining the matter to me!
> I finally understand why there has to be this non-free firmware package.
>
> Hopefully there will be a convenient "exception" for the squeeze release
> similar to the vote for lenny, but i guess this has to be discussed
> somewhere else.

There will be no such exception.  You should assume that you will need
to provide firmware on separate media such as a USB flash drive when
installing squeeze.  (This is already the case for lenny when using some
wireless devices for installation.)

Who are all these weirdos? - David Bowie, about L-Space IRC channel #afp