Re: Reorganizing packages

On Wed, Aug 22, 2007 at 10:49:30PM -0300, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> experimental might be used if we had a linux-2.7 or something while
> it's not OK for sid and Maks and Bastian agree that we're not going to
> have more the one kernel source on the distro anymore so there's no
> more need to allow this diversion.

It's short-sighted to "agree" that we're not going to have more than one
kernel source in the distro when the circumstances have not yet arisen where
we have to consider what to do about a new upstream major version.

For that matter, if someone in the project decides that they have need for a
different kernel than the one the kernel team wants to ship (for a
particular port, or to support older hardware, or to support a newer
cutting-edge kernel design, or for some other reason), the kernel team
doesn't have the authority to prohibit this.