Re: Towards consensus of our usage of the Uploaders field

On Fri, Mar 16, 2007 at 12:18:13PM +0200, Jurij Smakov wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 16, 2007 at 09:15:55AM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
>
> > > I do agree with this interpretation. I also think it's really sad that
> > > we have to invoke policy to regulate the use of the Uploaders field.
> > > There is no reason whatsoever (other than Bastian's anti-social
> > > tendencies) to keep people out of Uploaders if they think/feel that
> > > they should be there.
> >
> > So, will you try to expulse him too, like Frederik and Andres did to me ?
>
> No, I will not try to expell him. However, if a person repeatedly
> fails to follow simple guidelines, to which the majority of kernel
> team agrees (in this case, mailing the list and waiting for replies
> for a reasonable amount of time before reverting svn commits made by
> other team members), I think some action (for example, temporary
> suspension of svn write access) should be taken.

My point is that there is no heart to the kernel team anymore, and before we
go in all against one, or whatever, it is important to reconstruct our
identity again, and this includes discussing things.

What i noticed, is that the kernel team today is mostly limited to a few
people right now, mostly Bastian and Maximilian as far as i could see, but i
didn't check in detail.

The irc channel is mostly silent, and we don't have anymore the camaraderie we
used to have before.

I know that my behaviour of last year contributed to this, but i am not the
only responsible.

So, before going into he forcing-people overgear, we should have some irc
meeting or something, and see how we want to work in our team, and what the
future of the participation of each of us is going to be, and if i am still
wanted or not, especially after Frederik's seconding of my expulsion and the
extremely hurting words he had then, and his silence on this topic since then.