Re: Towards consensus of our usage of the Uploaders field

On Thu, Mar 15, 2007 at 02:32:29PM -0600, dann frazier wrote:
> According to policy 5.6.3:
>
>  List of the names and email addresses of co-maintainers of the
>  package, if any. If the package has other maintainers beside the one
>  named in the Maintainer field, their names and email addresses should
>  be listed here.
>
> Given this, I believe anyone on the kernel team should be permitted an
> entry in the Uploaders field. I also do not believe that the presence
> of a maintainer's name in the Uploaders field grants them any
> additional privileges. Uploads still need to be coordinated on the
> mailing list, etc.
>
> Does this match other people's interpretations? Let's please use this
> thread to achieve consensus on Uploaders usage.

I do agree with this interpretation. I also think it's really sad that
we have to invoke policy to regulate the use of the Uploaders field.
There is no reason whatsoever (other than Bastian's anti-social
tendencies) to keep people out of Uploaders if they think/feel that
they should be there.

--
Jurij Smakov                                           jurij@wooyd.org
Key: http://www.wooyd.org/pgpkey/                      KeyID: C99E03CC