Re: Modules packaging policy - call for discussion

(Your use of the term "udeb kernels" is confusing and innaccurate. d-i
does not use different kernels than anything else.)

Max Vozeler wrote:
>   1. The version of linux-headers in unstable is sometimes ahead of
>   the udeb kernel-image packages, like right now (2.6.15/2.6.16).

Only because the udebs (for i386 anyway) are in NEW due to the version
number change in the name. This should correct itself shortly.

>   2. The information about flavours used in udeb kernels is not
>   available in linux-headers. For normal flavours waldi's build
>   infrastructure (and my homebrewn scripts) use the information in
>   /usr/src/linux-headers-$VERSION/arch/ to look up availablea
>   flavours. Information about udeb flavours cannot be looked up in
>   the same way. So at the moment I maintain a list of udeb flavours
>   by hand and watch d-i commits to notice changes [0].

No idea what you're talking about here and your footnote is dangling.

--
see shy jo