Re: automatic custom kernels?

Jonas Smedegaard <dr@jones.dk> writes:

> On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 21:09:21 +0100
> Andreas Barth <aba@not.so.argh.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> * Micah Anderson (micah@debian.org) [051205 20:19]:
>> > I've been thinking about how we could use autobuilders to
>> > automatically apply kernel-patch packages and auto-build them as
>> > soon as new kernels and patches are available. Many people want to
>> > just install kernel-images with certain patches (I get a lot of
>> > requests for images of the vserver kernel-patch),
>>
>> yes, that's exactly one of my use cases :)
>

> Just noticed sourcerer-kernel-builder in experiemental. Perhaps that
> solves the dream of this thread?

I would love to get some users for it and some motivation through
bugreports. The package was ment for the users themself and not for
buildds so it doesn't use a chroot and doesn't interact with buildd.
But on most hardware running a kernel compile parallel to buildd
probably doesn't hurt.

It also predates the name change to linux-kernel so it probably
doesn't work at all anymore but that should be easy to fix. Try it,
write bugs and I will try to fix them over X-Mas.

MfG
        Goswin