Re: New config options for 2.6.13 on i386/amd64

On Sat, Oct 08, 2005 at 11:17:12PM -0700, Jurij Smakov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have made a commit (4357) to set the CONFIG_HPET_EMULATE_RTC option on
> i386 to fix 309909. This required changing CONFIG_RTC from 'm' to 'y'. We
> discussed it with Horms and Frederik some time ago and we agreed that it's
> ok to do such a change.

Is this appropriate for sid (2.6.12)? It looks like we are going
to have to maintain that branch for a little bit longer.

> Frederik, you should probably also do something
> like this on amd64, I cannot do it easily myself not having any amd64
> machines.

Actually, you can run it for any architecture/flavour from
any machine. The only trick is you have to hack the script
for architectures such as amd64 and powerpc where the
kernel-architecture name differs from the debian-architecture name.
Basically on the line that calls make, replace the ARCH variable with
x86_64, ppc, or ppc64 as appropriate.

I think this has been fixed in the experimental (2.6.13) branch,
but I am not sure.

But I knotice that Frederik, so its a moot point for this update.

> Apparently I was the first person to run split-config on the 2.6.13 kernel
> configs, so it also set a bunch of unrelated options (I have used the
> defaults). I am including the log of the changes for documentation
> purposes, please make sure that it is sane and in sync with other arches.
>
> CONFIG_FLATMEM_MANUAL=y has been added.
> Do you want to make this change [G]lobal, per-[A]rch, or per-[F]lavour?
> [GAF] a
>
> CONFIG_SELECT_MEMORY_MODEL=y has been added.
> Do you want to make this change [G]lobal, per-[A]rch, or per-[F]lavour?
> [GAF] a
>
> CONFIG_SPARSEMEM_MANUAL=n has been added.
> Do you want to make this change [G]lobal, per-[A]rch, or per-[F]lavour?
> [GAF] a
>
> CONFIG_FLAT_NODE_MEM_MAP=y has been added.
> Do you want to make this change [G]lobal, per-[A]rch, or per-[F]lavour?
> [GAF] a
>
> CONFIG_FLATMEM=y has been added.
> Do you want to make this change [G]lobal, per-[A]rch, or per-[F]lavour?
> [GAF] a
>
> CONFIG_SCSI_QLA2XXX=m has been added.
> Do you want to make this change [G]lobal, per-[A]rch, or per-[F]lavour?
> [GAF] a
>
> CONFIG_DISCONTIGMEM_MANUAL=n has been added.
> Do you want to make this change [G]lobal, per-[A]rch, or per-[F]lavour?
> [GAF] a
>
> CONFIG_HPET_EMULATE_RTC=y has been added.
> Do you want to make this change [G]lobal, per-[A]rch, or per-[F]lavour?
> [GAF] a
>
> CONFIG_USB_EMI26=n has been added.
> Do you want to make this change [G]lobal, per-[A]rch, or per-[F]lavour?
> [GAF] a
>
> CONFIG_FUSION has been changed from 'm' to 'y'.
> Do you want to make this change [G]lobal, per-[A]rch, or per-[F]lavour?
> [GAF] a

I think you can make CONFIG_SCSI_QLA2XXX, CONFIG_USB_EMI26
and CONFIG_FUSION global without hurting anywone.

--
Horms