Re: New config options for 2.6.13 on i386/amd64

Hello,

On Sat, Oct 08, 2005 at 11:17:12PM -0700, Jurij Smakov wrote:
> I have made a commit (4357) to set the CONFIG_HPET_EMULATE_RTC option on
> i386 to fix 309909. This required changing CONFIG_RTC from 'm' to 'y'. We
> discussed it with Horms and Frederik some time ago and we agreed that it's
> ok to do such a change. Frederik, you should probably also do something
> like this on amd64, I cannot do it easily myself not having any amd64
> machines.

done.

for the FLATMEM/SPARSE/DISCONTIG memory models: our i386 flavours are
not touched by it, except we want to provide some 32bit flavour for smp
opterons, which must have SPARSE or DISCONTIG enabled to use all installed
memory and not just the ram installed on the first processor node.

the amd64 k8-smp flavour defaults to SPARSE_MEMORY, I tested both
settings on the dual and quad boxes I have access to and finally decided
to go the "new way".

Best regards
Frederik Schueler