Re: 2.6.12 crash when using bluetooth

Hello,

On Sun, 2 Oct 2005, Uplink wrote:

Hi,

There is a bug in kernel 2.6.12 that is accessed when doing fast
consecuvite calls to connect() over bluetooth sockets from a re-spawned program (which may lead to some scheduling issues). I wrote this to the kernel list, but it possibly got ignored (because it refered to a distribution kernel, I didn't put it right or because 2.6.13 was already the new "stable" one).

2.6.13 doesn't have this bug, but has enough new (and subtile) ones to not want to use it (which aren't fixed in 2.6.14-rc3 yet).

I'm using the 686 kernel from Debian unstable.
[...]
Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual address 00000008
printing eip:
c0244a15
*pde = 00000000
Oops: 0000 [#1]
PREEMPT

I believe that CONFIG_PREEMPT is disabled in packaged Debian kernels, yet the oops information you provide indicates that it is enabled. Can you try reproducing the problem with a kernel which does not have CONFIG_PREEMPT set?

Best regards,

Jurij Smakov                                        jurij@wooyd.org