Re: 2.6.12 crash when using bluetooth

I did a quick test with the real Debian kernel from unstable and it doesn't crash. Seems that pre-emption has something to do with my issue. Looks like building from source has some other defaults than the Debian kernel. I now know to explicitely load the config file before compiling... Thanks.

Jurij Smakov wrote:

Hello,

Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual address 00000008
printing eip:
c0244a15
*pde = 00000000
Oops: 0000 [#1]
PREEMPT

I believe that CONFIG_PREEMPT is disabled in packaged Debian kernels, yet the oops information you provide indicates that it is enabled. Can you try reproducing the problem with a kernel which does not have CONFIG_PREEMPT set?