Re: 2.6.12 crash when using bluetooth

I didn't test yet (I'll probably do it in a few days and come back to you), but I have to correct an affirmation I made about 2.6.13: it's not the kernel that has "so many bugs". It's my BIOS that changes the way APIC works vs. P-ATA when using S-ATA in Enhanced mode :) piix-driven chipset. I guess you people know the drill already (and I'm just stating to find out).

Jurij Smakov wrote:

I believe that CONFIG_PREEMPT is disabled in packaged Debian kernels, yet the oops information you provide indicates that it is enabled. Can you try reproducing the problem with a kernel which does not have CONFIG_PREEMPT set?

Best regards,

Jurij Smakov                                        jurij@wooyd.org