Re: kernel-package for t-p-u

On Wed, 2005-09-28 at 21:21 +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 28, 2005 at 08:32:17AM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> >         So we are taking the version in Sarge, and just making a
> >  couple of changes to it an uploading? Whynot just take the very
> >  latest version of kernel-package and put that in t-p-u?
>
> Because we are aiming volatile, which should build with sarge alone, so we are
> planing on uploading to s-p-u and not t-p-u, and have it go into a point
> release.

I'm confused about what this thread is all about.  The subject seems to
suggest that we're wanting to push something into testing, but I get the
feeling the intent is to propose 2.6.12 be included in a point release.

I like the idea of getting linux-2.6 into volatile, with all necessary
build-deps, but I'd be surprised if the stable release manager was
willing to consider upgrading the kernel in a point release.  If that is
indeed the goal, has anyone talked to Joey about it?