Re: In preparation for 2.6.13 - initrd issues

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005, Bastian Blank wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 19, 2005 at 04:09:50PM +0200, maximilian attems wrote:
> > what happened to the patch producing the small busybox deb
> > that iniramfs-tools needs?
>
> What is the problem with using the udeb?
>
> > did you accept the patch from jeff bailey?
>
> I don't find a patch or even bugreport in the bts.

anonymous irc log:
<a> initramfs-tools uses busybox internally.  Rather than having a massive
    symlink farm, it uses the busybox shell option that tells it to try to
    use internal modules rather than external ones:
    CONFIG_FEATURE_SH_STANDALONE_SHELL=y
<b> debian/config-static:CONFIG_FEATURE_SH_STANDALONE_SHELL=y
     the default config don't have a shell

for third party readers ;)
no patch needed from busybox side for initramfs.

--
maks