Re: In preparation for 2.6.13 - initrd issues

<some drop in excuse for the late reply, sorry..>

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005, Bastian Blank wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 12, 2005 at 02:25:12PM +0200, maximilian attems wrote:
> > On Mon, 12 Sep 2005, Bastian Blank wrote:
> > > Why do we need klibc for initramfs?
> > small size.
>
> LVM and multipath-tools are not built against klibc and the first don't
> support it.

indeed glibc is also needed md, lvm, evms and sed (dependency of mdrun).

> > nice tools for initial userspace.
>
> libc or tools? busybox is also small.

indeed we need busybox, there is no option unlike initrd-tools
not to use it!

what happened to the patch producing the small busybox deb
that iniramfs-tools needs?
did you accept the patch from jeff bailey?

--
maks