Re: powerpc d-i daily builds reactivated, use 2.6.12 kernels, including 64bit kernels, miboot floppies dropped for now.

On Tue, Aug 23, 2005 at 03:05:05PM +0200, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 23, 2005 at 02:18:07AM -0300, Rog?rio Brito wrote:
> > > Remember the debian kernel is generic for all powerpc plateforms, from
> > > old world to prep boxes, to powerbooks to the last 32bit IBM chrps and
> > > the genesi pegasos machine, so there is a bit more constraints here,
> > > but it is assuredly doable.
> >
> > I thought that the kernel in the miboot floppies were specific just to
> > OldWorld machines. And you already have many flavours of it being built.
> >
> > I understand that the kernels have to be generic, but, say, including
> > one specific feature of a pegasos machine in a miboot floppy isn't
> > something that I would expect (even if it can be offloaded to a
> > ramdisk).
>
> Sven, didn't you say a while ago a flavour more or less doesn't matter
> (when discussing ppc64 kernels)?  I think a special oldworld kernel
> might be useful for these bootfloppies indeed.

It is possible, but if we can go to it in another way, that is better yet.
Also, i don't really know what can be removed from the kernels, since most
stuff they don't need is modular anyway.

Notice that the main problem still is that i couldn't get 2.6 miboot to work
except two mysterious times in oldenbourg.