Re: powerpc d-i daily builds reactivated, use 2.6.12 kernels, including 64bit kernels, miboot floppies dropped for now.

On Aug 22 2005, Sven Luther wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 22, 2005 at 11:23:39AM -0300, Rogério Brito wrote:
> > So, I do think that it would be possible to get it smaller. Want to
> > see my .config? I just posted it to linux-kernel in a reply to
> > Andrew Morton.
>
> Remember the debian kernel is generic for all powerpc plateforms, from
> old world to prep boxes, to powerbooks to the last 32bit IBM chrps and
> the genesi pegasos machine, so there is a bit more constraints here,
> but it is assuredly doable.

I thought that the kernel in the miboot floppies were specific just to
OldWorld machines. And you already have many flavours of it being built.

I understand that the kernels have to be generic, but, say, including
one specific feature of a pegasos machine in a miboot floppy isn't
something that I would expect (even if it can be offloaded to a
ramdisk).

Homepage on freshmeat:  http://freshmeat.net/projects/algorithms/