Re: powerpc d-i daily builds reactivated, use 2.6.12 kernels, including 64bit kernels, miboot floppies dropped for now.

On Aug 22 2005, Sven Luther wrote:
> A bit of reality check here, we have around 1.3MB space on the miboot
> floppies, and current compressed miboot floppies arer 1.6MB or so, so
> we just need to unbloat it further 200/300kb (compressed though),
> which should be possible by modularizing lot of stuff, among those the
> pmac-ide is a good candidate.

Well, my custom kernel is around 1200KB compressed (and about 100KB free
on the floppy) and it has many things hardcoded that could be offloaded
to an initramdisk, if I wanted to get my hands dirty.

So, I do think that it would be possible to get it smaller. Want to see
my .config? I just posted it to linux-kernel in a reply to Andrew
Morton.

Cheers, Rogério.

Homepage on freshmeat:  http://freshmeat.net/projects/algorithms/