Re: CRITICAL: Don't remove kernels 2.4.x, anybody upgraded hsflinmodem to 2.6.x?

On Thu, Jul 21, 2005 at 11:26:30AM +0200, svante@imit.kth.se wrote:
> After Googling for some hours I have found that many other Linux
> distributions do supply the hsflinmodem-5.03.27 kernel modules to their
> customers but obviously not Debian. Any reason for this?

Yes, it's not distributable at alli, without permission (and I suspect
Linuxant is not interested in allowing that).

In the license file, you find:

6.   Redistribution. Redistribution of this software is permitted only
for non-beta, officially released versions. Redistribution of versions
marked "beta" or "lnxtbeta" requires explicit written approval from
Linuxant.

And 5.03.27 IS a beta-release.

--
Francesco P. Lovergine