Re: CRITICAL: Don't remove kernels 2.4.x, anybody upgraded hsflinmodem to 2.6.x?

> On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 svante@imit.kth.se wrote:
>
>> As you all know the hsflinmodem packages are non-free and crippled to
>> 14.4 kbps. Has anybody ported the hsflinmodem-5.03.27 (the latest free
>> versions) to work for kernels 2.6.x?? In case not, the removal of kernels
>> 2.4.x is a very BAD idea.... I'm using 2.4.x only for the modem support
>> when on dial-up connections. The computer is a laptop so the HW is not
>> easily changed. Please...
>>
>> Svante
>
> Hi,
>
> According to
> http://www.linuxant.com/drivers/hsf/index.php
> the HSF/HCF modem drivers should work fine both with 2.4 and 2.6.

Yes, they work with both kernel series, but the speed is limited to 14.4
kbps, see
http://www.linuxant.com/drivers/hsf/downloads-license.php

Running the modem at 14.4 kbps is a real pain, in practice not usable.
The latest version without the speed limitation is hsflinmodem-5.03.27 and
these drivers don't work with kernels 2.6.x!!

> Best regards,
>
> Jurij Smakov                                        jurij@wooyd.org

Svante